Saturday, March 10, 2012

You are in the Can 8 to 18 March 2012

YouAreHere started with Mall Stories on 8 March, download your copy here then traverse the Canberra Centre while writers such as Josh Inmania, Pete Huet, me and Julian Fleetwood take you on a guided tour.

Bad!Slam!No!Biscuit! is this year a sanctioned YouAreHere event, whatever sanction means, I presume the organisers are less fearful of what we do than last year. But 14 March is the night for Bad!Slam!No!Biscuit! hosted by JACINTA, Andrew Galan (that’s me), the Score Adder and The Master of Conflict.

From 13 to 16 March The Tragic Troubadours will be taking poetry to Canberra’s bus interchange, we offer you words in the sun, rain and/or wind as you wait for your bus between 8am to 9am and 530pm to 630pm.

On 15 March there will be debate within Smiths Alternative Book[store/shop/front organisation]. You should be there for that, rebuttal should include arse-blocks from at least one Roller Derbyist but likely won’t, I get to debate, I never did this at school, I expect those on the other team did, they seem to know what they are doing and all reports are they seriously want to win, they probably went to good schools and had supportive parents who never said no.

I really want to check out Applespiel’s Morning Commercial Breakfast Radio Show in Tonic, Harvest and at Lonsdale Roasters so I will be going to their shows after completing mornings of The Tragic Troubadours in the bus interchange.

Finally for poetry we close the YouAreHere with Poetry is the Real Winner, curated by me.

P.S. I will also be performing a poetry set at Art Not Apart, so is Miranda Lello, come and listen to our poetry.


No comments:

Post a Comment